New York State law requires that a municipality periodically review its zoning law to make sure it is in compliance with its Comprehensive Plan. Clinton adopted a new Comprehensive Plan in 2012 and for four years the Zoning Revision Committee has been meeting to review our zoning law.
Revisions to the Town Zoning Law are now available for public review and public workshops are being held over the course of 2019 and 2020 to allow the public an opportunity to participate in the revision process. Below you will find the minutes from each workshop and a link to the total sections revised to date.
These workshops will be held in Town Hall at 7:00pm on the first and third Thursday of each month until all sections have been covered. Sections scheduled to be discussed at the workshops are listed on the home page of the Town website (under Town Notices) as well as on the Town calendar.
Interested individuals who are unable to attend the workshops are encouraged to submit written comments by mail or email. Comments received by the day of the workshop will be discussed at the meeting; comments received after the workshop but before the subsequent one will be discussed at the beginning of the next meeting; and comments received later will be held for discussion at a final public hearing when all sections have been covered.
Workshop #1 – January 17, 2019
Workshop #2 – February 21, 2019
Workshop #3 – March 7, 2019
Workshop #4 – March 21, 2019
Workshop #5 – April 4, 2019
Workshop #6 – April 18, 2019
Workshop #7 – May 2, 2019
Workshop #8 – May 16, 2019
Workshop #9 – June 6, 2019
- Agenda – Proposed new law for Event Centers.
Workshop #10 – June 20, 2019
- Agenda – Continuation of June 6th discussion of draft local law regulating event venues.
- An Ad Hoc Committee has been formed – The Events Center Ad Hoc Committee – which will meet June 20, 2019 @ 7:00pm in the Masonic Hall. – The committee’s purpose is to review and finalize the proposed local law governing Event Centers in the Town of Clinton.
- Event Center Law (DRAFT, to be reviewed and finalized by the Ad Hoc committee)
Workshop #11 – July 18, 2019
- Main Zoning Revisions Committee Agenda – Continuation of review of existing Zoning Laws (7:00pm, Town Hall). If an extension meeting of the Ad Hoc committee was not needed. A second meeting of the Ad Hoc committee on Event Centers has been confirmed. See below for Ad Hoc meeting details.
- Events Center Ad Hoc Committee Agenda – 2nd meeting of the Ad Hoc committee (7:00pm, Masonic Hall) – Will meet in lieu of the Main Zoning Revisions Committee.
Workshop #12 – August 1, 2019
- Events Center Ad Hoc Committee Agenda – Review of proposed Event Law
- Proposed Event Law DRAFT Download (PDF)
- Proposed Short-Term Rental Law (PDF)
- Proposed Short-Term Rental Law (DOCX)
Workshop #13 – August 15, 2019
Workshop #14 – September 5, 2019
Workshop #15 – September 19, 2019
- Sections to be reviewed:
- 250-61A (change to 250-61.1)
Workshop #16 – November 21, 2019
Workshop #17 – December 5, 2019
Workshop #18 – January 16, 2020
Workshop #19 – February 20, 2020
Workshop #20 – March 19, 2020 – 7:00pm
- Sections to be reviewed: