Pay or view your bill online using
our Online Payment Portal.
The property tax bill covers a period of January 1st-December 31st. Property tax bills will be mailed out in mid-January 2023 and are due on or before February 28, 2023. Payments received or postmarked after February 28, 2023 will incur the following penalties:
March 1 – March 31: 2%
April 1 – April 30: 3%
May 1 – May 31: 4% plus a $2.00 rebilling fee.
Returned checks: will incur a $20 fee which must be included with the new payment.
Checks must be made payable to: Tax Collector, Town of Clinton
TOWN OF CLINTON NOTICE OF 2023 TAX COLLECTION
TAKE NOTICE that I, Catherine McMahon, Tax Collector in the Town of Clinton, County
of Dutchess and the State of New York, have duly received the tax roll and warrant for
the collection of taxes for the year 2023. Please note that the tax office is located in the
Schoolhouse building, Town of Clinton, 1215 Centre Road, Rhinebeck, NY 12572. I will
be collecting taxes there on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, January through
March, from 10am – 2pm. After March call 845-266-5853 Press 6 or email to
email@example.com to request an appointment.
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that all Town offices are open to the public. Whenever
possible, kindly use the following remote payment options: by mail to the above address,
online via the town website at https://www.townofclinton.com/department/tax-
collecter/ or through February 28, 2023, by secure drop box located on the porch of the
Town of Clinton Schoolhouse building at the above address.
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that taxes may be paid on or before February 28, 2023
without charge of interest. On all taxes received after such date there shall be penalties
of two percent for the month of March and an additional one percent for each additional
month or fractions thereof until such taxes are paid or until the return of unpaid taxes to
the Dutchess County Commissioner of Finance.
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that pursuant to the Real Property Tax Law 987 a second
notice of unpaid taxes will be mailed out by May 1. All 2023 land taxes paid after this
mailing will include the original tax, appropriate penalties, a $2.00 charge and, possibly,
interest and advertising costs.
TAKE FURTHER NOTICE that pursuant to the provisions of the law, the tax roll of the
Town of Clinton will be returned to the Dutchess County Commissioner of Finance on
June 1, 2023.
All Town offices are open to the public. Whenever possible, kindly use the following remote payment options:
- US Mail– Mail your payment to Tax Collector, Town of Clinton 1215 Centre Rd Rhinebeck NY 12572. Please note payments must be postmarked by February 28, 2023 to avoid penalty. Include your entire bill to receive a receipt by mail. After your payment has been processed you can also obtain a receipt through our Online Payment Portal.
- Online Payment Portal– Online payment options are available 24/7 through May 31, 2023.Fees for online payments are:
- eCheck $1.75 (automatic debit from your savings/checking account)
- Debit Card $3.95
- Credit card 2.45% of payment amount
- For mail and drop box payments, your receipt will be mailed to you provided you include your entire tax bill with your payment. Payments received without the entire bill will not receive a receipt in the mail. After your payment has been processed you may also obtain a receipt from our Online Payment Portal.
- In person Tuesday and Thursday, during March, from 10 AM – 2 PM. After March call 845-266-5853 Press 6 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an appointment. For the safety and health of everyone, please use the remote payment options whenever possible. Payments made in person must be by check or cash for exact amount. EXACT PAYMENT is expected. We do not accept partial payments of any kind. Underpayments must be sent back to the property owner. Payments must be postmarked on or before May 31 of each year, or, if May 31 is a weekend or holiday, by the following business day. After May 31, or if May 31 is a weekend or holiday, after the following business day,
payments must be made directly to the county. Please contact the Dutchess County Department of Finance at (845) 486-2025 to obtain the exact amount due. Payments to the county should be made payable to:Dutchess County Commissioner of Finance (DCCOF)
22 Market Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
- SCHOOL TAX The town of Clinton does not collect school tax payments. If you mail your school tax payment to the town it will be returned to you, which may result in a late payment and penalty. Payments or questions pertaining to School Taxes should be directed to your school district:School Districts –
- Hyde Park Central Schools
- Millbrook Central Schools
- Pine Plains Central Schools
- Rhinebeck Central Schools
- Map of School Districts
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR PROPERTY OWNERS
Whether you receive a bill or not, New York State Law states you are ultimately responsible for payment including all penalties. Once a bill is in the penalty stage payment cannot be accepted without the penalty.
Mailing Address Changes – Please send mailing address changes to the Town Assessor, 1215 Centre Rd Rhinebeck NY 12572 or by email to email@example.com.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT POSTMARKS
Your United States Postal Service mailed payment is deemed timely or late based on the postmark that appears on the payment envelope. Real Property Tax Law § 925 provides that any mailed tax payment received with a postmark dated within the penalty-free period, as shown on your tax bill, is a timely payment. The envelope must contain a legible postmark. An envelope postmarked beyond the penalty-free period will result in a penalty. Not all mail will carry a postmark. Privately metered mail does not constitute a postmark. The only way to ensure timely payments through the mail is to bring your envelope to the Post Office on or before the due date to have it hand postmarked. Please check the envelope to ensure the postmark is legible before leaving the post office.
Please note that neither the tax collector or any other town official has the authority to waive a penalty.